One month, two days, 21 hours and 40 minutes left until the end of this term! Wow, I feel like I just started and here I am more then half done. Every term seems to go like this: The first week I usually think: "I can't get this all done. There is no way I can do this. I will never see my family." The stress is high, I snip at my husband and my kids want to hide. By week two life has usually mellowed out and I have the course work some what under control. Week 5, Panic! Again, I think I won't get everything done by the end of the term.
In the end, I usually finish everything early. I like to have time between terms to enjoy life so, I set my deadlines earlier they they are due. I have yet to turn an assignment in late or have to take an incomplete. For me this is a measure of success. I have to remind myself that the true measure is what I learn and can apply to my future practice. Currently, I am putting off a 5 page paper that is due just before the end of the term and a scholarship application due at the end of the month. I know that at heart I am a procrastinator. This is actually the other reason I set early deadlines for myself. If I procrastinate I still have a buffer of time if the kids get sick, I have to work extra or life happens.
As I continue down the road to becoming a Nurse-Midwife I get a little scared. I worry that I will not be smart enough to be an advanced practice nurse or I won't pass boards. The other part that scares me is that I won't be able to find a job when I am done with school. Who wants to pay mucho bucks for an education they cannot use? Not me! But I may have to be patient and wait for a job to come up. Living in rural Wisconsin does not lend itself to a plethora of Nurse-Midwife jobs. Opening my own business is out of the question. I can barely run my family let alone a business.
The one blessing I am so thankful for this term is my great team members. I have to do group work in two of my classes and team members can defiantly make or break your term. All of them keep me going, are flexible and have the same goals as me. We work well together and always get our assignments done before the due date. Thanks Katie, Kendra and Cindy!!
In fact, I could not do this program without the help of all my classmates and frontier sisters!

No comments:
Post a Comment